OPEN CALL: Alshati Strip Mall - Dammam City
January 30, 2020
The vision for the project is to build unique and landmark strip mall in AlShati area in Dammam city, Saudi Arabia. to attract high level tenants of retail shops and F&B shops, with dynamic and eye catchy outdoor spaces (terraces, landscape, hardscape & parking area). Alsalimi is looking for dynamic, functional & attractive design and with cost efficient
This is one of the new projects for Alsalimi company, the land is located in Dammam city at the coast side of Alshati district with square shape.
Our independent market research indicates that the present and future market opportunity in the area is to establish a commercial strip mall designed to meet the needs and expectations of F&Bs business owners and people of Dammam as well.
The Shati districts (Al Shati Al Shargi & Al Shati Al Gharbi districts) are characterized as low residential density district featuring high income households with strong purchasing power, mostly residing in villa units.
The land is located on King Abdullah Bin AbdulAziz main road. There are only 2 commercial retail shop strip mall within 1KM diameter range around the land and none of them is located at the coast side of Alshati district. The site location creates a unique opportunity to have the first unique strip mall in the area, which should be optimized in the exterior and landscape and the functional interior spaces.
1.3 Design Theme
Alsalimi suggest tropical theme in the design approach to make the building stand out from the surrounding buildings and to have harmony with its location at the coast side.
However, we are open to any design theme that is simple and unique which can portray an identity representative of the project vision. The building should be dynamic with good terraces areas on each level’s platform.
2.0 Site & Project Information
2.1 Site General Characteristic
The Subject Site is mostly leveled and square-shaped land plot measuring 4,634 sqm. The Site enjoys an 80m frontage onto a major road (King Abdullah Road), However, the new reclaimed land (Dhefaf Masterplan) east of the Site may hinder the sea visibility, partially.
There are two other frontages onto minor roads that are 75m (west) and 60m (north) in width. Its southern frontage overlooks a vacant land measuring 60m in width. The Subject Site has good visibility to the Arabian Gulf Sea from the east.
The AutoCAD file is available to download from this LINK.
2.2 Subject Site Context
• The Site is situated on a corner plot with three road frontages, increasing its commercial attractiveness.
• The Subject Site is closely located to the new Dammam Corniche (west of the Site), acting as a destination and a footfall generator for the area.
• The Subject Site is located in Al Shati District, a low-density area featuring upper-mid to high-income households with strong purchasing power.
2.3 Site Accessibility
Traveling eastwards: The Subject Site may be accessed by traveling along Murjan Street or Mahar Street before heading south down King Abdullah Road. It is also accessible through traveling along Al Khaleej Road, down Al Ashriah Street, before heading north along King Abdullah Road.
Traveling northwards: The Subject Site may be accessed by traveling north along Prince Mhd. Bin Fahd Road, towards its intersection with Al Ashriah Street.
• The Subject Site is located c. 30 km and c. 5 km from the airport and the central train station, respectively.
• The subject site’s immediate surrounding area is not highly commercially active resulting in low traffic congestion during peak hours. However, when events take place along Corniche (especially during public holidays) the area experiences high footfall and traffic congestion (particularly in the western region of the corniche).
2.3 Project’s Area Schedule
ITEM AREA PERCANTAGE REMARK
Land Area 4,634
Ground Floor Area 2,317 50% of the Land Double Height, to include 30% Mezzanine
First Floor Area 927 40% of the GF of the GF area
Second Floor Area 579 25% of the GF of the GF area
TOTAL BUA 3,823 Does Not Include Terraces Areas
2.4 Setbacks, Parking and other regulations:
- Front side setback (Street side) = 1/5 of street width
- Side & Back setback = 2 M.
• Required Parking:
- 1 parking for each 50 sqm of the BUA. Which include 5% for handicapped (This including the street side parking area).
• Allowed for building ratio = 60% land area.
Architectural Concept Design:
- Site plan, showing (Site approach, hardscape & landscape, Parking layout)
- Floor Plan for each level.
- 4 Elevations.
- 2 Sections (Minimum).
- 3D perspectives (2 at least with night and day time).
- Material Selection and material description.
2.6 Competition Prizes:
First prize – USD 10,000 + Certificate + Proceed with full design and construction.
Second prize – USD 5,000 + Certificate.
Third prize – USD 2,000 + Certificate.
2.7 Contact Information:
All interested in this competition please send us your confirmation of submission on below email. Also you can contact us if you have any question
Mob: +966 53 078 6872
OPEN CALL: Alshati Strip Mall - Dammam City
Competition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
AL SALIMI REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
February 08, 2020 05:18 PM
March 04, 2020 08:00 AM
Saudi Arabia, Dammam